The OAC has two categories of employment - traditional and job share. The traditional employee works 10 or more hours per week. The job share employee works approximately 4 hours per week and is paid a taxable hourly wage designed to offset the cost of a family membership. The job share employee is specifically interested in working the hours required to cover the cost of a membership. (Not all departments offer job share employment. Those departments offering some job share positions include childcare, housekeeping and security.)
We are an “at will employer” which implies that either the employer or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at anytime, with or without notice and with or without reason.
Although many OAC employees engage in a second job, full or part-time, we expect a full commitment for the time you are giving us and that the other job will not interfere with your best performance at the club.
Our employees are expected to maintain a neat, clean, appropriate (conservative) appearance. If a uniform and name tag is provided, they must be worn at all times while on duty. Extreme hairstyles, visible tattoos and body piercing are not acceptable. It is our desire that a employee’s personal appearance not draw undue attention to him/herself.
Regular attendance and punctuality are required from every employee.
Our employees are expected to be familiar with Club facilities and activities outside of their scope of work. We encourage our employees to be active members of the Club.
Training and testing are an ongoing process at the OAC.
- You may be required to take job related tests to determine your aptitude and ability for performing certain kinds of work.
- CPR training is provided and required of all employees. Additional training may be required and may be scheduled outside of your regularly scheduled work time.
- If you are suspected of using drugs, including steroids, you may be asked to take a drug test .
The Club has an unwavering commitment to excellent customer service. We are looking for individuals who demonstrate the highest levels of . . . . . .
- Creativity in problem solving
- Sensitivity in dealing with members and peers
- Initiative in seeking out what needs to be done
- Integrity to do what is morally and legally right
- Flexibility to do that which is outside your normal comfort zone
- Commitment to see a task to it’s completion or resolution
- Dedication to earnestly giving your best everyday
- Faithfulness to the obligations and requirements of the job
- Cheerfulness to speak easily with a smile in your voice
- Sense of humor to keep the little things in perspective
- Independent work skills to do all of this and more without direct supervision
If you have concluded that your skills and our expectations are a good match, please fill out an and mail, fax, or bring to the address below. You may attach a resume or personal statement.
Ogden Athletic Club
1221 East 5800 South
Ogden, UT 84405
Fax Number (801) 479-4110
Your application will be reviewed by the appropriate management team and department supervisor. You will be notified only if your application meets our requirements and there is a job opening. Eligible candidate applications will be kept on file for six months.
Thank You for your time and interest, OAC Management Team